So I know what it’s like trying to stay up to date with the latest trends, or even just pamper yourself a little when you’re on a tight budget! Is it me or are beauty products getting more and more expensive? I needed a little TLC, and went down to my local Savers to stock up on some treats for myself. For those of you who don’t know, Savers is “a UK discount chain of over 340 stores, retailing a variety of health, beauty, household goods, medicines, and fragrances”. Basically, it’s got loads of products for half the price!
I went in for hair dye and came out with 7 different products. The best bit? I only spent £15! Here are a few mini reviews on my first impressions of the products I got!
- Swartzkopf Live Lightener + Twist in Rosé: I LOVE the result of this hair dye. I had recently lightened my hair with their Lightener (I’m naturally blonde but wanted to go lighter so I could dye it random colours easier). I then applied this and instantly loved it, my hair is a lovely candyfloss pink colour! I did however have to go back and get another box as I underestimated how much hair I have! It was a little more pink than I expected, but this isn’t a bad thing! Overall I loved this product and ill definitely try their other shades. It was a bargain at £4.29 compared to £5.50 in Tesco and Superdrug.
- Aussie Colour Mate Shampoo: Next I decided I needed a new shampoo, as the one I had was for blonde hair and obviously I was about to dye it pink. I decided to give Aussie a go as I have heard great things about it. Now, I am no hair expert, but I used this shampoo and my hair was immediately ten times shinier! Result! It was only £2.99.
- Original Source Hibiscus and Pomegranate Tea: I spotted this and at 99p how could I resist? This limited edition gel has the most gorgeous scent. It’s not too strong, yet it’s sweet. And it’s cruelty free and vegan! These usually go for around £1.50 – £2 elsewhere.
- L’oreal Triple Active Nourish Moisturiser: This goes for £6.50 RRP, I got it for £3.29! It’s for dry to very dry skin, which I am a serial sufferer of. It smells really nice, not too strong, and is super hydrating. I recommend putting it on a good bit in advance of doing your makeup as it does take a while to fully sink in, but I would definitely recommend this product.
- Newtons Labs Charcoal Nose Pore Strips: These were just £1.50 for a pack of 8. I’m usually quite sceptical of these things but I do think they helped a little. I don’t know if id buy them regularly but its nice as a little extra pampering. They definitely did remove some blackheads etc, but just weren’t as powerful as I always want pore strips to be – I don’t think any are. As far as pore strips go though, these were decent, and left my nose feeling soft and smooth.
- (and 7.) Beauty Formulas Charcoal Clay Mask and Facial Scrub: These were only £1 each! I almost squealed with delight! I had to grab them. I tried them with my boyfriend (he didn’t protest too much) and we both agreed they left our skin feeling great. We used the mask, followed by the scrub, a Boots No7 toner , and then the moisturiser I mentioned above. The mask felt great, and was super relaxing. The scrub contained apricot seeds for exfoliating. I have sensitive skin and both of these were absolutely fine on me. I was going through a pretty bad breakout at the time and in my opinion these seemed to stop it in its tracks. I’ll definitely be using these regularly.
I really enjoyed pampering myself with all these new products, and I’m in love with my new hair colour! I often forget about Savers but this has reignited my love, and I’ll definitely be back there for more beauty products.
Has anyone else tried any of these products? What did you think of them?